Paul and Jacob Walter Award
The summer colony of Hickory Valley was established in 1784 by the Paul and Jacob Walter families. Seeking a healthier climate, these two brothers selected the sites where the Bethel Presbyterian Church and the Unger Property are today. Because Hickory Valley proved to be an excellent pineland village, more families came and some stayed year round.
Preservation Awards Nominations will be accepted until June 1st via email at info@cchaps, mail to 205 Church St., Walterboro, SC 29488 or call the office at 843-549-9633. There are several different categories for nominations.
2021: McLeod, Fraser & Cone Law Office 111 E.Washington Street Walterboro (Downtown)
2020: None given due to Covid-19
2019: Canady-Riddle-Tuten House 109 Carn Street Walterboro (Downtown)
2018: Belk-Hudson Building 226 E.Washington Street Walterboro (Downtown)
2015: Colleton Commercial Kitchen 506 E.Washington Street Walterboro (Downtown)